Artist: Robert Lombardo

About Robert Lombardo: Educationally and opportunistically squandered, I occasionally dissolve into a sometime conscious blur stream of comically valued socially awkward pseudo sexual non-encounters, painfully recounted by others, leaving the laborious search for quiet and internal heroics as a no thank you sir tediousity, recollection of lifetimes shortened.

I am the primary collector of my work, although pieces have filtered to private and institutional collections. I have used up the good will of many friends and family to safeguard the work, yet still prefer to keep it close, much to the dissatisfaction of my wife. My history of exchanging the work for money has left a trail of mishandled dollars, IRS levies, and works no longer available to me.Having owned and operated two galleries in St. Louis, I still seem unable to mobilize any monetary armies for the liberation of my own cluttered studio.

Not finding it valuable that I understand every nook and cranny, I’m OK knowing that it usually seems to work. I try not to get suckered into liking it, and so far I’ve avoided being killed by it. I can’t retire on it, but I don’t need to retire from it either. I’d almost always prefer to do anything else, and frequently I’m tired of talking about it. (Artist's website)

Portrait Of The Ex-Wife With 3 self Portraits, 3 Voids, And The Dog (2010)
84" x 48"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.


Kids Have Fun (1998)
72" x 45 1/2"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.


Broken Heart No Room (1998)
72" x 45"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.


Prescription for 1000 Demons (2006)
84" x 49"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.


No Time (2006)
40" x 28"
Enamel on canvas
Please inquire.


Avoid Complicated Simplicity (Joes Cancer) With 3 Self Portraits” (Diptych Rt. Side) (2010)
37 1/2" x 53"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.


Go Forward Without Knowing With 2 Self portraits, A Skull, And A Hanging Dog (2010)
84" x 48"
Oil on canvas
Please inquire.